Single Payer: Health Care Freedom for Everyone.
- Compare health care prices in the United States and other industrialized countries
- UMASS report details single payer savings for Vermonters
- Read about A Decade of Activism and the history of Vermont's single payer movement in Vermont Life Magazine and Solutions Journal
- Read what Canadian business people think about a single payer system.
- DOCTORS pledge to move to Vermont if it creates single payer system
Sign the "Stick with Act 48" Petition
Your signature will show elected officials that Vermonters support the move to Green Mountain Care, which would guarantee every Vermonter access to health care as a publicly financed good.
Write A Letter To The Editor
Our goal is to have at least one letter supporting Single Payer in each paper every week. The letter to the editor section is one of the most highly read parts of the paper. We’ve made it really easy for you to write a letter including providing some important facts and the address to send it to. Click here to write a letter to your paper today. Click here to read what other Vermonters are writing about Single Payer. Click here to read answers to the latest myths about single payer!
Vermont Voices & Opinions
- July 18, 2014
Why single payer
- July 05, 2014
Ideology trumps reality
- July 03, 2014
McClaughry Offers No Solutions
See all »
- July 02, 2014
Evidence supports single payer
- July 01, 2014
- June 20, 2014
My Turn:The 15% Health Care Tax You’re Already Paying
- June 09, 2014
Single-payer is the way on health care
See all »
- Obstacle #1 to health care for all Vermonters: FUD
- A single-payer healthcare system? I'm all for it!
- Stick with Act 48; no contingency plans needed
- A Tale of Four Countries—and the Lessons They Provide for Vermont Health Care Reform
See all »
On the Road to Single Payer
"The Straight Scoop on Single Payer." Download our new leaflet here!
What Does Act 48 Do?
MYTH BUSTERS! Answers to common myths about single payer coming to Vermont. Click here for Part II of Myth Busters!
Read Professor Hsiao's article on lessons from Vermont
Read about how single payer can help business
Statement of Principles
We support a universal health care system for the State of Vermont, one that includes all Vermonters, offers free choice of providers, is progressively financed, decoupled from employment, affordable for all, and pays for all necessary care out of public funds; a system which retains the private delivery of health care and has a publicly accountable budget process to ensure adequate capacity to meet the health care needs of all Vermonters.