Single Payer: Health Care Freedom for Everyone.
- Universal Primary Care Bills Introduced in Vermont! Click here to read details. And click here for a summary of the official study results. Click here to see our FAQ for Universal Primary Care.
- Hear Vermonters speak out for Universal Primary Care and health care for all Vermonters at April 2017 Health Care Town Hall in Montpelier.
- Why is primary care so important? See these two short videos:. Video 1: "Making Primary Care Better. Video 2: What Is The Primary Care Crisis.
- Compare health care prices in the United States and other industrialized countries
- Read about A Decade of Activism and the history of Vermont's single payer movement in Vermont Life Magazine and Solutions Journal
- Read what Canadian business people think about a single payer system.
Download our leaflet on universal primary care here. Please help spread the word!
Follow our progress toward a publically financed, universal health care system. Stay informed about upcoming events. Learn how you can help keep Vermont moving toward coverage of every resident. Click "Take action now!" button to stay involved.
Write A Letter To The Editor
Our goal is to have at least one letter supporting Single Payer in each paper every week. The letter to the editor section is one of the most highly read parts of the paper. We’ve made it really easy for you to write a letter including providing some important facts and the address to send it to. Click here to write a letter to your paper today. Click here to read what other Vermonters are writing about Single Payer. Click here to read answers to the latest myths about single payer!
Vermont Voices & Opinions
- March 24, 2017
Primary Care Is Key to Health
- March 14, 2017
Primary Care Essential
- March 11, 2017
A Way Forward in Health Care Reform
- March 09, 2017
Universal primary care offers a good answer
See all »
- April 26, 2017
Health care still in danger
- March 27, 2017
Time for Universal Primary Care For All Vermonters
- March 20, 2016
Make Primary Care Free For All
- February 02, 2016
Opinion: Primary Care For All
See all »
- Obstacle #1 to health care for all Vermonters: FUD
- A single-payer healthcare system? I'm all for it!
- Stick with Act 48; no contingency plans needed
- A Tale of Four Countries—and the Lessons They Provide for Vermont Health Care Reform
See all »
On the Road to Single Payer
Single payer healthcare in Vt -- what went wrong, and what's up next? Listen to Dr. Deb Richter's January 2017 interview
Shumlin administration presentation on their view of obstacles to implementing single payer (December 2014).
[Click here to access full report and appendices]
What Does Act 48 Do?
MYTH BUSTERS! answers to common myths about single payer coming to Vermont.
Read Professor Hsiao's article on lessons from Vermont
Statement of Principles
We support a universal health care system for the State of Vermont, one that includes all Vermonters, offers free choice of providers, is progressively financed, decoupled from employment, affordable for all, and pays for all necessary care out of public funds; a system which retains the private delivery of health care and has a publicly accountable budget process to ensure adequate capacity to meet the health care needs of all Vermonters.