Guidelines for writing and presenting testimony
- Keep your comments brief- they must be no longer than 2 minutes(approximately 250 words depending upon how quickly you speak)
- Write out your testimony and rehearse it before you testify to be sure your essential comments are heard. You can submit a longer piece for the record which can be of any length.
- Identify who you are and why this issue is important t you. A personal story can be helpful as long as it is brief.
- If you are a health professional or a business owner or employer, say so.
- Be specific in your support for single payer if in fact you support it.
Thank you for giving me the opportunity to testify on this issue:
My name is _______. I live in ______ and I work as a _______.
I am in favor of a single payer publicly financed health care system for Vermont.