Single Payer: Health Care Freedom for Everyone.
- Compare health care prices in the United States and other industrialized countries
- New report details single payer savings for Vermonters
- Single payer from a small business perspective
- Where do some of our health care dollars go now?
- Read about the history of Vermont's single payer movement in Vermont Life Magazine and also in Solutions Journal
- Read what Canadian business people think about a single payer system.
- DOCTORS pledge to move to Vermont if it creates single payer system
- A Decade of Activism for Single Payer in Vermont
Sign-Up For Our E-Newsletter
Help keep Single Payer on the legislative agenda by signing up for our E-Newsletter. With briefs about the campaign and action alerts, it's a great way to stay involved.
Write A Letter To The Editor
Our goal is to have at least one letter supporting Single Payer in each paper every week. The letter to the editor section is one of the most highly read parts of the paper. We’ve made it really easy for you to write a letter including providing some important facts and the address to send it to. Click here to write a letter to your paper today. Click here to read what other Vermonters are writing about Single Payer. Click here to read answers to the latest myths about single payer!
Vermont Voices & Opinions
- April 21, 2014
Health care bill will be historic
- April 16, 2014
Happy with Medicare single-payer plan?
- April 11, 2014
Hang in there on health care
- April 10, 2014
See all »
- April 20, 2014
Miller's appointment resets pledge to proceed with care
- April 15, 2014
A PROPOSAL FOR REAL UNIVERSAL HEALTH CARE, PENSION AND BENEFITS
- April 05, 2014
As Vermont Goes, So Goes the Nation?
- March 30, 2014
The Money And Politics Of Change
See all »
- A single-payer healthcare system? I'm all for it!
- Stick with Act 48; no contingency plans needed
- A Tale of Four Countries—and the Lessons They Provide for Vermont Health Care Reform
- How to Respond to the “Health Care Freedom” Propaganda Campaign
See all »
On the Road to Single Payer
"The Straight Scoop on Single Payer." Download our new leaflet here!
What Does Act 48 Do?
MYTH BUSTERS! Answers to common myths about single payer coming to Vermont. Click here for Part II of Myth Busters!
Read Professor Hsiao's article on lessons from Vermont
Read about Vermont in the New England Journal of Medicine
Statement of Principles
We support a universal health care system for the State of Vermont, one that includes all Vermonters, offers free choice of providers, is progressively financed, decoupled from employment, affordable for all, and pays for all necessary care out of public funds; a system which retains the private delivery of health care and has a publicly accountable budget process to ensure adequate capacity to meet the health care needs of all Vermonters.